A student found unresponsive at Colorado State University appears to have overdosed on heroin. According to the Rocky Mountain Collegian, authorities found black tar heroin near the body of Sean McGowan.
McGowan’s body was found in his Summit Hall residence after the holiday weekend. Authorities do not know how long he may have been dead before being discovered. Preliminary information released by authorities indicated that McGowan’s death may have been drug related. Now the Rocky Mountain Collegian is releasing additional details to support that claim.
Larimer Deputy Coroner Greg Fairman not only announced the discovery of black tar heroin, but Fairman also indicated that track marks were found on McGowan’s arms. Toxicology reports will take several weeks to confirm the early suspicions.
Kids on campus were in shock yesterday. But this is the second young death on a college campus in a matter of weeks that appears drug or alcohol related. Just a few weeks ago, a Southern California boy, Glen Parrish, 18, was found dead at UCLA. Parrish’s family members reported that the young man died after a lengthy night of alcohol and drug use.
Parents need to continue the anti-drug dialogue with their children, even after they turn 18, and head off to college. No parents want to send their child off to college, only to have them return in a coffin.
If you need to get help for a loved one, or if you want to know if your child has been using drugs, Walgreens.com, the leader in home health care, sells the complete line of Teensavers Home Drug Test Kits for families.